Comic_Ad_Spot

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Playing With Fire (Terrible comic from my past)

I was digging back in my archives from Way back in I guess about 2003 or 2004 or so. And, I found this ten-page short story I created to submit to the legendary Heavy Metal Magazine. And honestly, it's awful!

My drawing skills just weren't "there" yet (not much knowledge of perspective), the writing was juvenile, and I was trying to draw in a "Heavy Metal-ish" style that I just didn't know how to draw in back then.

As you may have guessed, it got rejected. Still, it's kinda entertaining in a "cheese-ball" kind of way, and it's not all bad. I'm pleased with my page compositions, and my designs for "Nobar" and "Mr. Big".

It may not be a "good" comic, but I figured it's worth a blog-post, so please enjoy...

(Click a page to read)









..And BTW her last name is supposed to be pronounced "Sal-LEED", not "Salad". LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment